Monday, July 27, 2009

It takes a Nation of Immigrators to hold us back

I recently checked out a few postings on another immigration lawyer's blog called www.nationofimmigrators.com. It is nice to see that there are other people as frustrated as I am with the lack of "Services" inherent in dealing with United States Citizenship & Immigration Services. Judging from Angelo's bio I am guessing that the title of his blog is a play on the idea of America as a Nation of Immigrants.

However, I think it also could compare to the 1988 Rap Album "It takes a nation of millions to hold us back" by Public Enemy. The album is described on their website as follows:

"Rarely has fear, anger, paranoia and anxiety been so masterfully compressed onto a record's grooves. "

That sounds to me an awful lot like the current immigration debate in the United States.
blog comments powered by Disqus